What is EM4325 UHF RFID IC?
EM4325 is a Class-3 Generation-2 (Gen2) IC that is compliant with ISO/IEC 18000-63 (Gen2) & ISO/IEC 18000-64 (TOTAL) as well as EPCTM Class-1 Generation-2. The chip offers an advanced feature set leading to a performance beyond that of standard Gen2 chips and can be either battery powered or beam powered by the RF energy transmitted from a reader. In a battery assisted passive (BAP) configuration, the EM4325 offers superior reading range and reliability compared to purely passive RFID solutions.
EM4325 includes 4096 bits of high speed non-volatile memory (EEPROM) that is organized into 64 pages with 4 words per page. The chip supports either ISO or EPCTM data structures that are compliant with EPCglobal Tag Data Standards, Version 1.10, and is delivered with a Unique Identifier (UID) to ensure full traceability.
EM4325 supports advanced applications by providing programmable external interfaces for an auxiliary function and a 4-bit I/O port. The auxiliary function may be configured as an input for tamper detection or as an output for notification of RF events to external devices. The 4-bit I/O may be configured to support 4 discrete signals or as a Serial Peripheral Interface (SPI) bus. The chip may serve as either an SPI Master device or an SPI Slave device. The programmable external interfaces allow the EM4325 to function as an RF front end and protocol handler in advanced RFID tags or embedded applications. In a passive configuration, the programmable external interfaces allow the EM4325 to serve as a SPI Master with energy harvesting and provide power to external components.
Battery supply management is provided to prolong battery life in BAP applications. The chip supports programmable duty cycle control, auto-switching between battery powered and beam powered operation, and programmable enable/disable of an ultra-low power mode for extended storage applications.
* UHF (860 MHz - 960 MHz) RFID IC
* ISO 18000-63 (Gen2) & 18000-64 (TOTAL) compliant
* EPCTM Gen2 compliant
* AIAGTM B-11 compliant
* 4096-bit non-volatile memory (EEPROM)
* 48 bit manufacturer programmed IC Serial Number
* 352 bits for UII/EPC encoding
* 3072 bits for User data / 3008 bits for TOTAL data
* 128-bit Register File
* BlockErase and BlockWrite commands for high speed memory transactions
* BlockPermalock command for User memory
* Forward link data rates: 26.7 to 128 kbps assuming equiprobable data
* Return link data rates: 40 to 640 kbps with subcarrier modulated data rates of 0.625 to 320 kbps
* TOTAL data rates: 64, 128, 160, 256, or 320 Kbps
* Coordinated Universal Time Clock (UTC)
* Integrated temperature sensor
* Programmable monitoring and alarm conditions for temperature sensor including time stamp
* Programmable auxiliary function: input for tamper detection or output for notification of RF events
* Programmable 4-bit I/O port: configurable as 4 discrete signals or as a Serial Peripheral Interface (SPI) Bus
* Battery assistance for superior reading range and reading reliability
* Rectifier that allows purely passive operation in case the battery is flat or not present
* Battery supply management to prolong battery life
* Battery supply range: 1.25V to 3.6V 1)
* Low battery alarm threshold: 1.3V or 2.2V
* Extended temperature range: -40°C to +85°C