What are UCODE 8 and UCODE 8m ICs?
The UCODE 8 and UCODE 8m ICs are the latest NXP products of the UCODE family. UCODE 8/8m offers high performance and features for use in the most demanding RFID tagging applications. Particularly well suited for inventory management applications, like e.g Retail and Fashion, with its great RF performance for any given form factor, UCODE 8/8m enables long read distance and fast inventory of dense RFID tag population. With its broadband design, it offers the possibility to manufacture true global RFID label with great performance over worldwide regulations. The device also provides a Self Adjust Feature, a Product Status Flag for Electronic Article Surveillance (EAS) application, pre-serialized 96-bit EPC, Brand Identifier and the EPC Gen2v2 compliant Untraceable command.
• Read sensitivity -23 dBm
• Write sensitivity -18 dBm
• Innovative functionality
– Self Adjust
– Memory Safeguard
– Brand Identifier
– Pre-serialization for 96-bit EPC
– Integrated Product Status Flag (PSF)
• Compatible with single-slit antenna
• Up to 128-bit EPC
• 96-bit Unique Tag Identifier (TID) factory locked, including 48-bit unique serial number
• EPC Gen2v2
• 128-bit/96-bit (UCODE 8/UCODE 8m) of EPC memory
• Supports pre-serialization for 96-bit EPC
• 96-bit Tag IDentifier (TID) factory locked
• 48-bit unique serial number factory-encoded into TID
• 0-bit/32-bit (UCODE 8/UCODE 8m) User Memory
• 32-bit kill password to permanently disable the tag
• 32-bit access password
• Wide operating temperature range: -40 °C up to +85 °C
• Minimum 100k write cycle endurance
• All mandatory commands of EPC global specification V.2.0.1 are implemented including:
– Lock or permalock
– Kill Command
• The following optional commands are implemented in conformance with the EPC
– BlockWrite (2 words, 32-bit)
• Product Status Flag bit: enables the UHF RFID tag to be used as EAS (Electronic Article Surveillance) tag without the need for a back-end database.
• Self Adjust for automated tag performance optimization
• Memory Safeguard: enables countermeasures, like parity and margin checks as well as automated error correction, to ensure integrity of customer data.
• Brand Identifier: enables product authentication verification
All supported features of UCODE 8/8m can be activated using standard EPCglobal READ / WRITE / ACCESS / SELECT commands. No custom commands are needed to take advantage of all the features.
– Brick and mortar
• Supply chain management
• Shipping services
• Airline luggage tracking
• Laundry services
• High accurate and fast inventory management, enabling omnichannel retail processes
• Tracking along the supply chain from source to store
• High-speed store checkout process, bringing convenience to the customer
• Loss prevention
• Brand Protection
• After sales operations: Return and Warranty management
Outside the applications mentioned above, please contact NXP Semiconductors for support.